- n United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926)
- n a young woman making her debut into society
- Sixty post-debs of '39 and earlier vintages came in brightly colored ball dresses, but the '40 debs wore demure Court gowns of white.
- For the thwarted debs, no garden party could make up their loss.
- The debs were not presented in alphabetical or any other discernible order; the last one was rumored to have been awarded the anchor position because "she got to more rehearsals .
- Hugh Jackman in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
Jackman says, "Debs saw the show about 50 times. She said the most infuriating times would be in the bathroom because all she'd hear is, 'Is he or isn't he gay?...... I don't know, he's married...... Oh, who cares, I'm sure he's gay.' And she used...
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in Inquirer.net
There'sa pending case sa [at the] ERC regarding the petition of Meralco supported by the NPC to approve their agreement to pass on the unpaid debs of Meralco to NPC to its customers,Santiago said. "Aba nakakagulat ito. Nag-aaway ang...
- Warren G Harding in The Moderate Voice
Harding the conservative pardoned Debs, and even invited him to the White House, where Harding told him, "I have heard so damned much about you, Mr. Debs, that I am very glad to meet you personally."