- n an uproarious party
- n the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- n doctor's degree in osteopathy
- v engage in
- v carry out or perform an action
- v get (something) done
- v proceed or get along
How is she doing in her new job?
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
- v carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
- v be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity
Will $100 do?
A 'B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school
- v create or design, often in a certain way
- v behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
What makes her do this way?
The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people
- v spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- v carry on or function
We could do with a little more help around here
- v arrange attractively
- v travel or traverse (a distance)
This car does 150 miles per hour
- Lindsay Lohan in The Associated Press
It had nothing to do w/court,Lohan wrote. "It's an airbrush design from a stencil."
- Paris Hilton in Taipei Times
In a post on Twitter after the incident Hilton wrote: "Hey guys, there's a lot of crazy rumors going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn't do anything. I was...
- Barack Obama in CNN (blog)
He went on to say what every American and every victim of this disaster wanted to hear: "We will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long it takes. We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever's...