- n the state capital of Ohio; located in the center of the state; site of Ohio State University
- n Italian navigator who discovered the New World in the service of Spain while looking for a route to China (1451-1506)
- n a town in eastern Mississippi near the border with Alabama
- n a city in western Georgia on the Chattahoochee River; industrial center
News & Articles
- Columbus’ school chief fired
COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — Columbus schools Superintendent Martha Liddell has been fired.
June 20, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Columbus High School baseball camp set to begin Monday
The Columbus High School Baseball Camp will be held Monday through Wednesday at the Peach Little League complex at Weracoba Park from 8:30 a.m. to noon each day.
June 20, 2013 - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
- Columbus schools need cuts, not more cash, levy panel is told
Columbus City Schools should get no new property-tax money from a November levy, a member of the committee that is to recommend how much money to ask voters to approve said yesterday. Instead, the new tax dollars should go to running charter schools, expanding pre-kindergarten and starting other initiatives proposed by Mayor Michael B. Coleman’s education commission, said Alex Fischer, head of ...
June 20, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Carlos Queiroz in Yahoo! Eurosport UK
Cristiano Ronaldo will never be Spanish, as they will never take Olivenca again,Queiroz said. "They already did the same with Christopher Columbus, and it now seems they want to naturalise Cristiano Ronaldo."
- Greg Oden in Toronto Star
I'ma better player because of that year in college,Oden said. "Coach (Thad) Matta, he taught me so much, first about being a young man growing up in Columbus."
- Michael Griffin in Space Com
No launch can be any more momentous than the launch of Columbus,Griffin told reporters here at Kennedy Space Center. "It shows ...... this is a real partnership among nations and societies to bring together a capability greater than any...