- n United States general in the American Civil War who was defeated by Robert E. Lee at the Battle of Fredericksburg (1824-1881)
- n facial hair that has grown down the side of a man's face in front of the ears (especially when the rest of the beard is shaved off)
- Of General Burnside they said: "It is generally believed by people who speak flippantly of 'side-burns,' 'sideboards,' etc.
News & Articles
- Burnside upgraded to serious condition
Jake Burnside's family reported that his condition has been upgraded to serious, and that he is awake, responding to questions and speaking.
June 10, 2013 - Fremont Tribune
- Burnside's condition improves
Jake Burnside remained listed in critical condition and in a medically-induced coma Friday, but a statement issued by his family through the Creighton University Medical Center public relations department, said he is “very improved.”
June 7, 2013 - Fremont Tribune
- Burnside family 'seeing some very positive signs' in Jake's recovery
Jake Burnside underwent his first surgery at Creighton University Medical Center on Wednesday.
June 6, 2013 - Fremont Tribune