- n a port city on the Caspian Sea that is the capital of Azerbaijan and an important center for oil production
- While filling the story with atmospheric details like Hawaiian slang ("baku" for meth; "haole" for a non-native), Johnson's remarkably confident artwork drains the lush world of .
News & Articles
- European Parliament Urged to Act on Nagorno-Karabakh Dam Threat
BAKU, Azerbaijan, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ? Azerbaijan has called on the European Parliament demanding that Armenia carry out essential maintenance on a dilapidated dam in occupied Nagorno-Karabakh ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts Expands Into Azerbaijan With Swissôtel Baku
The expansion of Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts continues at the crossroads of Southwest Asia and Europe with a new deluxe hotel in Baku, Azerbaijan. Scheduled to open in 2015, Swissôtel Baku is currently under construction and will open in time for the first European Olympic Games.
June 19, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Residents Living in the Shadow of Sarsang Reservoir Tell of Their Fears
BAKU, Azerbaijan, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Government of Azerbaijan has begun to catalogue the personal fears of its people living downstream from the imperiled Sarsang Reservoir - the structure ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Roman Pavlyuchenko in Independent
I will fly with the team to Baku and hope to play, but a final decision will be made later on today,said Pavlyuchenko. "It seems I have lost the habit of playing on synthetics - the pains in my muscles told me that after Saturday's match....
- Adolf Hitler in Press of Atlantic City
Unless we get the Baku oil,Hitler said, "the war is lost."
- Nursultan Nazarbayev in Tehran Times
Nazarbayev said, "An agreement has been reached on the French side's participation in the project to construct the main export oil pipeline from the Caspian Sea to Baku and Europe."