- n a decree that prohibits something
- n 100 bani equal 1 leu in Moldova
- n 100 bani equal 1 leu in Romania
- n an official prohibition or edict against something
- n a bachelor's degree in nursing
- v forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- v prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure
Smoking is banned in this building
- v ban from a place of residence, as for punishment
- v expel from a community or group
- For critics of the ban, the current law which states that parents, guardians and relatives can use any form of physical discipline that is necessary as long as it is not .
- But a 23-month campaign by Margaret Thatcher's government to ban the book and any reports about its contents in Britain and the Commonwealth has turned the book into an .
- MEPs voted by a massive 550 to 49 to ban seal products from soft pelts to Omega-3 health supplements made from seal oil in time for the next commercial seal hunt season, in .
- Sepp Blatter in The Associated Press
Blatter asks in a Twitter message: "Would you want to see a ban on the fan traditions in your country?"
- Barack Obama in AFP
If we want to be the global leader in combating HIV/AIDS, we need to act like it,Obama said. "And that's why on Monday, my administration will publish a final rule that eliminates the travel ban effective just after the New Year."