- n a native or inhabitant of Armenia
- n the Indo-European language spoken predominantly in Armenia, but also in Azerbaijan
- n a writing system having an alphabet of 38 letters in which the Armenian language is written
- a of or pertaining to Armenia or the people or culture of Armenia
News & Articles
- Armenian study center to debut at UCLA
An allotment of Armenian books and cultural artifacts linked to the country's history and diaspora following the 1915 genocide will debut at UCLA in the first permanent research program of its kind at any major American university dedicated to Armenian archaeology and ethnography.
June 12, 2013 - La Cañada Valley Sun
- $2M gift for Armenian archaeology, ethnography center
The UCLA Cotsen Institute of Archaeology has received a $2 million gift from UCLA alumna Zaruhy Sara Chitjian to establish the first permanent research program in Armenian archaeology and ethnography at a major American university.
June 10, 2013 - UC Newsroom
- Armenian Festival at St. Peter Church to feature new food, activities
WATERVLIET — With more than 100 years of tradition, the Armenian Festival scheduled for this weekend is expected to draw more than 1,000 people who will try the new foods served and new activities, said event co-chair Rafi Topalian.
June 7, 2013 - The Troy Record
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We all deeply regret the tragic suffering of the Armenian people that began in 1915,Bush said in a brief statement from the White House. "But this resolution is not the right response to these historic mass killings, and its passage would...
- Barack Obama in HÃ¼rriyet
I want to focus not on my views right now, but on the views of the Turkish and Armenian people. If they can move forward...... the entire world should encourage them,added Obama, who had pledged to recognize Armenia 's claims during his...
- Sean McCormack in Forbes
The United States recognizes the immense suffering of the Armenian people due to mass killings and forced deportations at the end of the Ottoman Empire,McCormack said in a statement.