- n (Greek mythology) the god of the underworld in ancient mythology; brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone
- n an officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer
- n someone who acts as assistant
- v give help or assistance; be of service
- v improve the condition of
- When aides drafted a speech with such wording, the President challenged them, demanding, What does that mean? An aide explained that this was how the matter was generally .
- Only four of Martin Luther King's closest aides who were there to witness his murder are still alive.
- Leaving aides and interpreters behind, the President took the two leaders outside, where they sat under the shade of palm trees for 40 minutes and discussed ways to give a fresh .
News & Articles
- District 205 School Board may reconsider teachers' aides cuts
After releasing 70 teachers’ aides during March reductions, District 205 officials are weighing the possibility of hiring some back — even if it means operating in a deficit. On Tuesday, members of the Board of Education budget committee discussed cost containment measures from past years and the options for further cutbacks for the 2013-14 school year. The board’s options include reducing ...
June 12, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Glenbard approves contract with support staff
Educational and instructional aides, secretaries, library clerks, technology specialists and other support staff members at the four Glenbard District 87 high schools will have a new three-year contract starting this summer that includes annual raises of about 3 percent each year. But the new agreement, approved unanimously by the school board this week, also allows some who announce plans to ...
June 11, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Andy’s aides in tug o’ turf
Two top aides to Gov. Cuomo have gone to war over turf and power, at times refusing to talk to each other and fighting for credit for several of the governor’s major initiatives, sources have told The Post. The battle between Larry Schwartz, the governor’s secretary and chief-...
June 10, 2013 - New York Post
- Scott McClellan in Bloomberg
I stood at the White House briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby,McClellan, 39,...