- (n) the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining
- (n) something intended to communicate a particular impression
- (n) a social event involving a public performance or entertainment
- (n) pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression
- (v) give an exhibition of to an interested audience
- (v) establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- (v) provide evidence for
- (v) make visible or noticeable
- (v) show in, or as in, a picture
- (v) give expression to
- (v) indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively
- (v) be or become visible or noticeable
- (v) indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments
- (v) give evidence of, as of records
- (v) take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
- (v) finish third or better in a horse or dog race
- But studies have shown that this may not be the case, and now we know that giving estrogen to women post-menopause can actually be bad for them.
- They haven't shown more than a five-point lead for Christie since June of 2009, while no other pollster has shown less than a five-point Christie advantage.
- South African college campuses are in turmoil after anti-integration white students are shown humiliating black service staff.
- "We've shown that in the big moments we can grow even more," Villa said. "We should have scored more goals, but one from Puyol has put us in the final."on Jul 7, 2010 By: David Villa Source: The Associated Press
- He added: "We identified him as a very strong centre-half, who has made big progress very quickly. He has shown he is mentally strong, he's a fighter and a very strong competitor. Koscielny is a great addition to our squad."on Jul 7, 2010 By: Arsene Wenger Source: The Press Association
- "Although I explored several different opportunities this offseason, Atlanta was the place I wanted to be," said Johnson. "I truly appreciate the commitment shown by the Hawks and the team's ownership, and their continued efforts to improve...on Jul 8, 2010 By: Joe Johnson Source: MiamiHerald.com