- (n) a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- (n) when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- (n) small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- (n) a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
- (n) informal terms for the leg
- (n) axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- (n) cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- (n) flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- (n) a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- (n) a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- (n) a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in triangular groups of ten as the target
- (v) to hold fast or prevent from moving
- (v) attach or fasten with pins or as if with pins
- (v) pierce with a pin
- (v) immobilize a piece
- On it, he pinned a letter to Hirsi Ali, warning her that she is next.
- Silent and uncommunicative, she lay on her hospital bed fondling a shiny, new doll, fingering with reverence a holy picture pinned on her pillow.
- Men and women dash about, talking to small metal devices pinned to their ears.