- (n) United States civil rights leader who refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man in Montgomery (Alabama) and so triggered the national Civil Rights movement (born in 1913)
- State parks look to volunteers and other funding sources amid massive budget cuts.
- Protecting the Parks One problem the park service has always faced is protecting the land for future generations to enjoy.
- "National Parks also serve as powerful economic engines for local communities and we hope that promoting visitation will give a small shot in the arm to businesses in the area," Salazar said.on Jun 3, 2009 By: Ken Salazar Source: The Colorado Independent
- "The NASCAR Community is saddened by the passing of Raymond Parks," said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. "Raymond was instrumental in the creation of NASCAR as a participant in the historic meeting at the Streamline Hotel in Daytona...on Jun 21, 2010 By: Brian France Source: The Checkered Flag
- At a White House ceremony, Obama said the law guarantees that Americans "will not take our forests, rivers, oceans, national parks, monuments, and wilderness areas for granted, but rather we will set them aside and guard their sanctity for everyone...on Mar 30, 2009 By: Barack Obama Source: FOXNews