oral oral /ˈɔ rəl/
- (n) an examination conducted by spoken communication
- (adj) using speech rather than writing
- (adj) of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth
- (adj) of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located
- (adj) a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression
- According to the Guttmacher Institute, one-third of surveyed teenagers 15 to 17 had had oral sex, and most of those were not virgins.
- Five male students, all varsity hockey players, were caught receiving oral sex from a 15-year-old female student in the school locker room.
- From our friends at the C-SPAN Video Library, this clip of Sonia Sotomayor in action last December 9, in oral argument.
- NEW YORK, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Analysis of the North American Oral Solid Drug Dosage Excipients Market ...on June 12, 2013 Source: PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- DEAR DOCTOR K: I have chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps. My specialist suggested trying oral corticosteroids. What do you think?on June 12, 2013 Source: Muscatine Journal
- The Oral Screen brand of Medimpex is synonymous to high-quality products that guarantee reliable results for greater peace of mind. Its current mainly new product, the 3 Panel Oral Fluid Drug Screening Device is essentially a saliva based drug testing kit. This 3-piece device provides a rapid test that only requires 10 minutes to administer and 99% protected from the adulteration. [PR.com]on June 11, 2013 Source: PR.com
- Sears said that represented a "seismic shift in the legislature's view of the gravity of oral sex between two willing participants."on Oct 27, 2007 By: Leah Ward Sears Source: Seattle Times
- (In a statement, Graham called "a great friend in ministry. I loved him as a brother:I look forward to the day that I will see Oral and Evelyn Roberts again in Heaven-our eternal home."on Dec 15, 2009 By: Billy Graham Source: Newsweek
- "What I am picking up from the oral arguments is that this court should willy-nilly disregard the will of the people," said Kennard, who just 10 months ago voted that prohibiting same-sex marriages violated the civil rights of gays. "The...on Feb 3, 2009 By: Joyce Kennard Source: Seattle Post Intelligencer