Add to My List
- (n) the spreading of a disease (especially cancer) to another part of the body
- Patients whose cancer moves into the bone tend to survive longer than those with metastases in the liver or lung.
- Such metastases are actually the leading cause of death from cancer.
- Tumor metastases don't simply occupy space and press on things, leaving a whole brain.
- Mr. Kay said: "I am delighted to be joining Algeta at this crucial point in its development. Alpharadin has shown in all the clinical trials completed to date its unique potential not only in treating the painful bone metastases resulting from...on Dec 11, 2008 By: Andrew Kay Source: MarketWatch
- "Novalis Tx radiosurgery treatments take from 15 minutes for a single brain lesion to 45 minutes for the simultaneous treatment of multiple brain metastases," said Dr. Johnson. "Lung treatments are taking 25-30 minutes with gating; less time...on Sep 17, 2009 By: Samuel Johnson Source: Reuters
- "Sirtex is proud to support SNM and its mission to improve cancer care and prevention and ensure that all patients with liver metastases receive the highest quality of care," says Dr. John Reddington, President of Sirtex Medical.on Jun 13, 2008 By: Dr John Source: Business Wire (press release)