man of the world man of the world
- (n) a worldly-wise person
- A laughing, brawling, gambling man of the world, McMurphy begins his duel with Big Nurse in sheer human exuberance and ends it in a grim, heroic struggle to the death.
- Dour and woefully inarticulate, Rabin has frequently been outshone by Peres, 53, an elegant, personable and cultivated man of the world, whose eloquence is legendary in Israel.
- In the hands of Milton and Goethe, he became successively a tragic hero and a debonair, reasonable-seeming man of the world.
- The 2013 iteration of the World Games will go down as a disappointment for British duo Joe Perry and Nigel Bond after both exited the tournament prior to the semi-finals. The quadrennial tournament, taking place in Colombia, kicked off with an expression of pride from Jason Ferguson, Chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. There was certainly plenty of reason for ...on July 29, 2013 Source: Bleacher Report