luckiest luckiest  /ˈlə ki əst/

Definition(s):

  1. (adj) occurring by chance
  2. (adj) having or bringing good fortune
  3. (adj) presaging or likely to bring good luck

Derived Word(s)

Usage(s):

  1. It certainly helps that the luckiest day of the century happens to fall on a Saturday, right after the Fourth of July.
  2. I'm the luckiest man on the face of this earth.
  3. Only the rarest and luckiest of American poets have seen such numbers.

News

  1. Iain De Caestecker Gets Lead In Ryan Gosling-Directed ‘How To Catch A Monster’

    You think of all of the young actors trying to make it in movies, and they likely all look to Ryan Gosling as the model, considering how well he has done without losing his indie cred. That makes Iain De Caestecker the luckiest young guy, in that Gosling chose him for the lead of his directorial debut, How To Catch A Monster . Gosling undertook a wide search but chose De Caestecker to play ...
    on June 17, 2013     Source: Deadline Hollywood

  2. Rendon's first major-league homer after foul ball blooper

    Rendon might be the luckiest batter in the Nats clubhouse.
    on June 17, 2013     Source: Washington Post

  3. Maxine Lane, Santa Cruz County Stories: Pasatiempo resident lives in her garden after traveling the world

    The boy that would grow up to be the love of Maxine Lane's life moved in across the street from her Cedar Rapids home when she was 11. 'That was the luckiest day of my life,' she said.
    on June 17, 2013     Source: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Quotes

  1. "There's a first time for everything. Twice I lost in the third round," Safina said. "I was like this today: 'That is the third time. Should be the luckiest one.' Actually, I'm glad I won very comfortable today."
    on Jan 22, 2009 By: Dinara Safina Source: ESPN

  2. The last time Yankee Stadium was so moved by a player grabbing the microphone, it was Lou Gehrig saying "I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."
    on May 12, 2007 By: Lou Gehrig Source: Dallas Morning News (registration)

  3. "If you're in the luckiest 1 percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent," Buffett said.
    on Jun 27, 2007 By: Warren Buffett Source: Bloomberg

Word of the Day
untenable untenable
/ən ˈtɛ nə bəl /