gregarious gregarious /ɡrə ˈɡɛ ri əs/
- (adj) instinctively or temperamentally seeking and enjoying the company of others
- (adj) (of animals) tending to form a group with others of the same species
- (adj) (of plants) growing in groups that are close together
- In contrast to her charming, gregarious and outgoing nature, her husband was shy, reserved and withdrawn.
- Roaches, ants, bees and many other insects are said to be gregarious and are believed to share a kind of mob intellect.
- John F Kennedy was known for his gregarious energy and his penchant for the limelight.
- JOLIET — Steve Balich, the Will County Board’s first Tea Party member, is a gregarious guy who likes to greet people with bear hugs. But his latest political effort is rubbing at least one public official the wrong way. Since being elected to the board in November, Balich (R-Homer Glen), co-founder of the Will County Tea Party Alliance, has launched a constitutional quest. A couple of months ago ...on June 12, 2013 Source: The Herald News
- Turkey vultures rest in a tree beside Horseshoe Lake in upper Bidwell Park on Monday. Turkey vulture are gregarious and roost in large community groups, breaking away to forage independently during the day.on June 12, 2013 Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
- A gregarious group of golf guys will be on NBC and ESPN this week, recalling past U.S. Open golf championships from both playing and broadcasting perspectives.on June 10, 2013 Source: Denver Post
- President Bush, in a White House statement, said: "Tim was a tough and hardworking newsman. He was always well-informed and thorough in his interviews. And he was as gregarious off the set as he was prepared on it."on Jun 13, 2008 By: Harry Reid Source: Wall Street Journal
- "He was always well-informed and thorough in his interviews," Bush said. "And he was as gregarious off the set as he was prepared on it."on Jun 15, 2008 By: President Bush Source: CNN International
- Gatland added: "I have worked with a lot of individual talents. Someone like Carlos Spencer is quite similar. He is quiet and unassuming off the field but gregarious on it. Gavin is like that. Test matches come down to one or two individuals who can...on Dec 1, 2007 By: Warren Gatland Source: Sportinglife.com