gainer gainer /ˈɡeɪ nər/
- (n) a person who gains weight
- (n) a person who gains (gains an advantage or gains profits)
- (n) a dive in which the diver throws the feet forward to complete a full backward somersault and enters the water feet first and facing away from the diving board
- In industrial value, at least, Poland was the gainer; what Russia had taken from her was largely agricultural.
- India, by contrast, is still the big gainer in the war.
- Nawaz Sharif, the head of the Pakistan Muslim League, which was the second largest vote gainer, was deposed by Musharraf in 1999, and forced into exile.
- David Smith, 80, of Macksburg, Ohio, died Thursday (June 13, 2013) at Marietta Memorial Hospital. He was born Nov. 27, 1932, in Grantsville, W.Va, son of the late Hill and Clair Gainer Smith.on June 15, 2013 Source: The Marietta Times
- Cody Gainer tossed a complete-game five-hitter as Elkins Post 29 earned a win over Bellefonte (Pa.) in Pizza Hut Hillbilly Hardball action Friday night at Robin Harvey Memorial Field.on June 15, 2013 Source: The Inter-Mountain
- TECH STOCKS: GameStop's A Rare Gainer In Weak Marketon June 11, 2013 Source: Nasdaq