- (n) a person who gains weight
- (n) a person who gains (gains an advantage or gains profits)
- (n) a dive in which the diver throws the feet forward to complete a full backward somersault and enters the water feet first and facing away from the diving board
- In industrial value, at least, Poland was the gainer; what Russia had taken from her was largely agricultural.
- India, by contrast, is still the big gainer in the war.
- Nawaz Sharif, the head of the Pakistan Muslim League, which was the second largest vote gainer, was deposed by Musharraf in 1999, and forced into exile.