- (n) a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt
- (n) act of expanding in scope; making more widely available
- (n) the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions
- (n) an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who are not enrolled as regular students
- (n) act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb
- (n) a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one or more letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename
- (n) the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to
- (n) the ability to raise the working leg high in the air
- (n) amount or degree or range to which something extends
- (n) an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line
- (n) an addition to the length of something
- (n) an addition that extends a main building
- And so, in requesting his extension, Fitzgerald seems to have handed Blagojevich lead attorney Edward Genson a good chunk of information to play with before April 7.
- The extension agreed to today by Feds and Madoff's lawyers appears to confirm the two sides are working hard on a plea bargaining deal.
- Annie Leibovitz has won an extension on a $24 million loan in a financial dispute that threatened her rights to her famous images, the two sides said in a joint statement.
- "He's nothing more than an extension of what his brother did, which was to ruin an island and to imprison people because of their beliefs," Bush said.on Feb 28, 2008 By: President Bush Source: China Post
- Rice said her talks with Lavrov were "an extension of other conversations we have had," suggesting the two didn't see eye to eye.on Dec 7, 2007 By: Condoleezza Rice Source: Forbes
- "I will continue to aggressively lobby Kentucky's congressional delegation to make sure they understand the critical need the commonwealth has for both the Medicaid extension and unemployment assistance extension," Beshear said in a statement.on Jun 28, 2010 By: Steve Beshear Source: The Associated Press