- (n) a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
- (n) thought that makes something comprehensible
- (n) the act of explaining; making something plain or intelligible
- People who believe the second explanation live in a very different world from those who believe the first.
- Manager Scott Belcher could provide no explanation.
- The best explanation, Douyon believed, was that Narcisse had been poisoned in such a way that his vital signs could not be detected.
- "The whole of France needs to have an explanation for this disaster," captain Patrice Evra said after being benched for the match. "It's not the time to give them, but I will personally give them ...... what I went through, just the truth, as...on Jun 23, 2010 By: Patrice Evra Source: The Associated Press
- "Patrice received a grave insult from a member of Chelsea's staff," Tevez said. "He demanded an explanation and these men just wanted to attack Patrice.on Apr 28, 2008 By: Carlos Tevez Source: Telegraph.co.uk
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon demanded a full inquiry "to determine exactly how this bloodshed took place. I believe Israel must urgently provide a full explanation".on May 31, 2010 By: Mahmoud Abbas Source: Herald Scotland