- (n) (physics) a thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs
- (n) forceful exertion
- (n) enterprising or ambitious drive
- (n) an imaginative lively style (especially style of writing)
- (n) a healthy capacity for vigorous activity
- (n) any source of usable power
- (n) the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
- Sustainable energy resources from the Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technology Design Resources Design links from the Amazing Environmental Organization Web Directory.
- Correction Appended: October 30, 2008 Wasting energy is so 20th century.
- Renewable-energy leaders call for far-reaching federal action: providing rebates to green investors, mandating electricity from alternative sources and revamping the grid.
- "When you took off it was another era," added adventurer Bertrand Piccard, who co-founded the project with Mr Borschberg. "You land in a new era where people understand that with renewable energy you can do impossible things."on Jul 8, 2010 By: Bertrand Piccard Source: Telegraph.co.uk
- "The progress made in recent months - in the face of a determined enemy - is in many respects the result of the vision, energy and leadership [McChrystal] provided," Petraeus said.on Jul 4, 2010 By: David Petraeus Source: Politico (blog)
- The intensity of the campaign and the divisions it created were evident Saturday when, well into the speech, Clinton first mentioned her opponent's name, calling on supporters to "take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help...on Jun 9, 2008 By: Hillary Rodham Clinton Source: Washington Post