charm charm /ˈtʃɑrm/
- (n) attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates
- (n) a verbal formula believed to have magical force
- (n) something believed to bring good luck
- (n) (physics) one of the six flavors of quark
- (v) attract; cause to be enamored
- (v) control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft
- (v) protect through supernatural powers or charms
- (v) induce into action by using one's charm
- Diplomats and journalists insist as much on his charm as they do on his temper tantrums.
- Nearly everyone who meets Franklin Roosevelt pays tribute to his personal charm and graciousness.
- On the strength of Zachary Levi's nerd-babe appeal, the title character became a more competent supernebbish while retaining his everygeek charm.
- Mackinac Island: Victorian charm in modern era Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:19 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 (AP) — Producers of the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" didn't need to build elaborate sets to depict the tale of a playwright who travels back to 1912 to find ...on June 14, 2013 Source: seattlepi.com
- Volunteers for Boise's Charm School scurried about the Visual Arts Collective June 12 before Feast II setting out black cafeteria trays on long, mess hall-style tables, stirring huge pans of paella and tossing vast bowls of Caesar salad. Feast I winner Sam Johnson hauled in a green papier mache dinosaur head.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]on June 14, 2013 Source: Boise Weekly
- OBAMA CONTINUES TO CHARM A PUBLIC THAT IS 50 PERCENT CLUELESS It all depends on what your definition of transparent is.on June 12, 2013 Source: Bluffton Today
- Dane Cook, comedian, paying tribute to departing American Idol judge Simon Cowell said, "You have the honesty of Abe Lincoln and the charm of the guy who shot him."on Jun 15, 2010 By: Dane Cook Source: TheRecordLive.com
- Carter, in a statement, said Bell's "integrity, professionalism and charm were greatly valued across party lines and presidential administrations."on Jan 5, 2009 By: Jimmy Carter Source: Los Angeles Times
- "Yolanda was lovely. She wore the mantle of princess, and she wore it with dignity and charm," Lowery said. "She was a warm and gentle person and was thoroughly committed to the movement and found her own means of expressing that commitment...on May 16, 2007 By: Joseph Lowery Source: Guardian Unlimited