aloft aloft /ə ˈlɔft/
- (adv) at or on or to the masthead or upper rigging of a ship
- (adv) upward
- (adv) at or to great height; high up in or into the air
- (adv) in the higher atmosphere above the earth
- On a thundering pillar of fire, Discovery carries the nation's hopes aloft again 10101988: Newsfile: Space Exploration: Indicates premium content.
- Result: When far aloft, the air was 75 below zero Fahrenheit outside, it was 106 above inside.
- Hillary pulled out his camera and snapped Tenzing holding aloft his ice ax strung with the flags of Britain, India, Nepal and the United Nations.
- An upper level trof continues to hang around Montana along with a cold air aloft creating instability and chances of thunderstorms and showers through the evening.on June 23, 2013 Source: KXLH Helena
- Aloft, one of the brands of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ( HOT ), unveiled a property in Cancun, Mexico. The property marks Starwood's 25th opening in Mexico and itson June 17, 2013 Source: Nasdaq
- Aloft, one of the brands of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, unveiled a property in Cancun, Mexico.on June 17, 2013 Source: Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- "This is an exciting day for North Texas," Perot said. "The W at Victory Park is the most successful hotel in Dallas, and we are confident that Aloft...... will be just as lucrative. This project was part of a greater master plan of Las...on Oct 14, 2008 By: Ross Perot Source: MarketWatch
- "Working with Starwood's aloft team was a fantastic experience - they really share our approach to design," said David Rockwell, founder and CEO of Rockwell Group. "For aloft, our goal was to re-imagine the select-service hotel model by...on Jul 7, 2008 By: David Rockwell Source: Business Wire (press release)
- "No city on Earth - no city - should hold these principles higher aloft than this city of immigrants," Bloomberg says. "Because no city on earth has been more rewarded by immigrant labor, more renewed by immigrant ideas, more revitalized by...on Jan 1, 2010 By: Michael Bloomberg Source: New York Daily News (blog)